- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- ½ cup pitted ripe or green olives, cut in half
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 14 ounces baby new potatoes
- 5½ ounces fine green beans
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For the Caper & roasted tomato dressing
- ½ cup Slow-Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons drained capers, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar or raspberry vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
How to Make It
- Heat the oven to 275°F. Reserve a few olives and bake the remainder for 30 minutes until dried out, then let cool and chop finely.
- Meanwhile, put a large pot of water on to simmer, with a steamer insert on top. Season the chicken with salt and pepper, then put it into the steamer, cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes until the juices run clear when the thickest part of the chicken is pierced with the tip of a sharp knife.
- At the same time, put the potatoes in a pot of cold water and bring to a boil over high heat, then turn the heat down to low and simmer 10 minutes until tender, then drain. Bring a small pot of water to a boil over high heat, add the green beans and cook 2 minutes. Drain, then run the beans under ice-cold water to stop them from cooking any further. Drain, then set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a pot of water to a boil over high heat. Gently lower the eggs into the water, then boil 6½ minutes. Lift the eggs out of the water, using a slotted spoon, place in a bowl of ice-cold water to stop them from cooking any further and let cool 5 minutes. Peel in the water, to stop them from breaking, then drain.
- Grind the peppercorns and salt in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle, then tip into a shallow bowl. Roll the peeled egg in the mixture. Whisk together the dressing ingredients in a bowl, then season with salt and pepper.
- Slice the chicken and cut the eggs in half, then put on top of the green beans, potatoes and olive halves. Drizzle with the dressing and finish with a few pinches of olive crumb.