The great thing about this dessert is that it comes together in about a minute and doesn’t require an ice cream maker! Frozen mango creates a lovely creamy texture when it’s blended, so there’s no need for dairy products or even coconut milk to stand in for them. A tasty frozen treat without any waiting around now that tastes like winning!
- Yield: 8 scoops
- 17.5 oz (500 g) frozen mango chunks
- ½ cup (120 ml) filtered water
- ¼ cup (60 ml) fresh lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 4 sprigs fresh mint, leaves only (about 25)
- ¼ cup (60 ml) raw honey (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a powerful blender—it needs to be capable of crushing ice or the frozen mango chunks will not blend. Pulse until the mango chunks have been broken up and crushed.
- Scrape down the sides of the blender, then blend again until the sorbet is just combined. Don’t run the blender any longer than you need to, or the blender will generate enough heat to melt the sorbet. Serve immediately, or, if you like a firmer texture, transfer the sorbet to a freezer-safe container and freeze for 30 minutes—1 hour before serving.