This is a simple pot dish you can make without any fuss. You practically just toss all of the ingredients together and dinner is served!
- Yield: 6 to 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound of lean ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1, 16 ounce pack of potato gnocchi
- ¾ of a 15 ounce can of white beans, drained
- 1, 14.5 ounce can of fire roasted garlic tomatoes
- ¾ cup of baby spinach, chopped
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons of basil
- ½ cup of mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoons of grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash of salt and black pepper
How to Make It
- In a skillet set over medium to high heat, add in the olive oil. Add in the chopped onion and ground turkey. Cook for 5 minutes or until crumbly.
- Add in the dried oregano and minced garlic. Cook for an additional minute.
- Strain the meat mix to get rid of the excess moisture. Set into a bowl and set aside. Place the skillet back over medium heat.
- Add the gnocchi into the skillet. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden. Add in the turkey mix. Add in the white beans, garlic tomatoes and chopped baby spinach. Stir well to mix. Cook for 2 minutes. Season with a dash of salt and black pepper.
- Remove from heat. Sprinkle the basil, shredded mozzarella cheese and grated parmesan cheese over the top. Cover and set aside to rest for 5 minutes or until the cheese melts. Serve.