A splash of freshly squeezed lemon juice brightens the sweet berry flavor.
- Yield: 6 half-pints
- 4 cups crushed blackberries (about 1½ qt whole berries)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 (1¾-oz) package powdered pectin
- 6 cups sugar
How to Make It
- Stir together first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven.
- Bring mixture to a full rolling boil. Add sugar, stirring constantly, and bring to a full rolling boil. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat. Skim off any foam with a metal spoon.
- Pour hot jam immediately into hot, sterilized jars, filling to ⅛ inch from top; wipe jar rims. Cover at once with metal lids, and screw on bands.
- Process in boiling water bath 10 minutes. Remove jars from boiling water bath, and let stand at room temperature for 24 hours.