- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, about 5 oz (140 g) each
- 4 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 2 tsp corn oil (optional)
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, seeded, and cut into thick slices
- 7 oz (200 g) mixed salad greens
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced and cut in half
- 6 oz (175 g) cooked beet, diced
- 3 oz (85 g) radishes, sliced
- generous ⅜ cup walnut halves
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds, to garnish
For the Dressing
- 4 tbsp walnut oil
- 1–2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
How to Make It
- Make 3 diagonal slashes across each chicken breast. Put the chicken into a shallow dish and sprinkle all over with the Cajun seasoning. Cover and let chill for at least 30 minutes.
- When ready to cook, brush a stove-top grill pan with the corn oil, if using. Heat over high heat until very hot and a few drops of water sprinkled into the pan sizzle immediately. Add the chicken and cook for 7–8 minutes on each side, or until thoroughly cooked. If still slightly pink in the center, cook a little longer. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the mango slices to the pan and cook for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Meanwhile, arrange the salad greens in a salad bowl and sprinkle over the onion, beet, radishes, and walnut halves.
- Put the walnut oil, mustard, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste in a screw-top jar and shake until well blended. Pour over the salad.
- Arrange the mango and the salad on the serving plate, top with the chicken breast and sprinkle with sesame seeds.