This simple method results in tender, seasoned potato wedges topped with perfectly cooked eggs.
- Yield: 6 packets
- Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
- 3 russet potatoes, cut into thin wedges, about 1¾ lb (800 g) total
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 12 large eggs
- Chopped scallions, to garnish
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Cut a sheet of aluminum foil into 6 pieces, each about 12 x 12 in (30 x 30 cm).
- In a medium bowl, toss the potato wedges with olive oil, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper until well coated. Place an equal portion of potatoes onto each piece of foil.
- Create a packet by folding the foil around the potatoes so they are fully enclosed, and fold over the edges to seal. Place the packets on a baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove the tray from the oven, open the foil packets, and crack 2 eggs on top of the potatoes in each packet. Top each portion with chopped scallions, season with salt and pepper, and refold the packet. Bake for another 18 to 20 minutes, until the eggs look firm and are no longer runny.
- Without unwrapping them, place each foil packet in a meal prep container and refrigerate.