Ghee is butter that has the milk solids removed, so it’s a class of clarified butter. Plus, you don’t have to refrigerate it. You can keep it in a sealed jar right next to the stove.
- Yield: 1 pint
- 1 pound grass-fed unsalted butter
How to Make It
- Place butter into pot and press Sauté button at Normal setting.
- Once it starts bubbling (approximately 5–6 minutes), adjust to Low Sauté setting. You should see the milk solids separating. In about 18–20 minutes, you will see that the milk solids have turned to a light golden-brown color. You have to pay attention or you will burn it. You want the milk solids to have a beautiful brown color. That’s how you know it’s done.
- Once you achieve the color, remove the metal pot so it doesn’t continue to cook and burn. Press the Cancel button to stop the heat.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes. Strain melted butter through cheesecloth. Allow to cool and set. Your ghee is done!