A savory typical Mediterranean side dish made with olives and served on crackers and bread or with various salads.
- ½ kilo green olives
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp Himalayan salt
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped red bell pepper
- Some chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup soaked walnuts
- 2 chopped garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp capers seeds
- ½ fresh red chili finely chopped
How to Make It
- Keep aside the caper seeds. Put the olive oil, the herbs and the walnuts in the food processor and pulse a few times. Then add the rest of the ingredients. Add salt or spices according to your taste.
- To avoid a too liquid paste, you can add some ground walnut butter afterwards.
- Keep refrigerated. For a longer storing period, cover the surface of the paste with olive oil.