Grilling sturdy hearts of romaine imparts smoky flavor to this popular salad green. You’ll love the contrasting textures of the lightly wilted outer leaves and the crisp center. Be sure to keep the core intact to hold the leaves together on the grill.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 3 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided
- ¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 2 romaine hearts, cut in half lengthwise
- Olive oil–flavored cooking spray
- 4 (1-ounce) slices French bread baguette (1 inch thick)
- Caesar Dressing
- Prepare grill.
- Brush chicken with olive oil; sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Coat romaine hearts with cooking spray, and sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Coat both sides of bread slices generously with cooking spray.
- Place chicken, romaine, and bread on a grill rack coated with cooking spray. Grill chicken 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until done. Grill romaine halves 4 to 5 minutes. Grill bread slices 3 minutes on each side or until toasted.
- Cut chicken diagonally into thin slices; cut grilled bread into large cubes. Arrange chicken strips and grilled croutons evenly over romaine halves; drizzle evenly with Caesar Dressing. Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 romaine heart half, about 4 ounces chicken, ¼ cup croutons, and 3 tablespoons dressing).
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.