The name translates into fried milk, but the result is a spectacular dessert.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 4 cups milk
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ¼ white flour
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 tbs sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
How to Make It
- Combine ¼ cup of the milk and corn flour well.
- Place the remaining milk in a pan with the cinnamon stick and bring to boil.
- Strain the milk and stir it into the corn flour paste.
- Place the mixture back into the pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Coat a baking sheet with the vegetable oil.
- Place the mixture on the baking sheet and let sit until it has cooled.
- Slice the batter into 2 x 4 inch pieces.
- Dip the pieces into the flour, then the egg. 9. Heat the vegetable in a frying pan.
- Fry the milk fritters until browned, about 4 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel. Combine the sugar and cinnamon.
- Coat the milk fritters with the sugar mixture.