This dish is excellent on a cold day, it is a hearty meal in one bowl.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 95 Minutes
- 6-ounces lentils, green
- 9-ounces carrots, chopped, washed
- 3 ½-ounces parsnips, peeled, chopped
- 5 1/3-ounces leeks, peeled, chopped
- 9-ounces potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 3-ounces barley, pearl
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 67-ounces chicken stock, low-sodium
- 1 lb Sausages, pork
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350° Fahrenheit.
- Heat the olive oil and sausages in a large casserole dish until they turn brown. Remove the sausages and set them aside.
- Add onion, and fry until they are soft. Add the rest of the veggies to the casserole dish and stir to combine. Add chicken stock, barley, and lentils and cook for five minutes over high heat.
- Take the pan and transfer into your oven to bake for 60 minutes more.
- Cut sausages into bite-size pieces.
- Add casserole bowl stock into the hotpot on the serving table.