I have turned granola-haters into granola-lovers with this easy and straightforward recipe. When I gave a few taste-testers this recipe to make, everyone was glad they didn’t have to make a trip to the store for the ingredients. All familiar, easy, and common ingredients are used. The sweet maple, spicy cinnamon, and toasted pecans will make you wish for autumn leaves, cozy sweaters, and more granola!
- Yield: 2 to 3 cups
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 2 cups (160 g) old-fashioned oats
- ½ cup (165 g) pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup (50 g) dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup (105 g) chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp melted coconut or vegetable oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 300°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and stir until all the oats are moistened.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely the air will help the granola obtain a crunchy texture. Granola remains fresh in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks.