- Yield: 1 Servings
- 1 large orange
- 150 g (5 oz/1½ cups) ground almonds (almond meal)
- 2 eggs
- 7 g (2½ oz) lemon curd
- 70 g (2½ oz/⅓ cup) caster (superfine) sugar
How to Make It
- method Begin by placing the whole orange, unpeeled, in a pan of boiling water – make sure there’s enough water to completely cover the orange – and simmer for at least an hour, until the fruit is tender and cooked all the way through. Remove from the heat, drain and leave the orange aside until it is cool enough to handle. Grease and flour a 20 cm (8 in) springform cake tin, lining the bottom with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C (338°F/Gas 3). Once the orange has cooled, cut it into eight segments, removing any pips. Put the orange, skin and all, into the cup of your blender and blitz to a pulp. Add the eggs, followed by the ground almonds,
- lemon curd then the sugar and blitz again until everything is incorporated into a smooth mixture. Pour the batter into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 40 minutes. Check the cake is cooked by inserting a skewer – if it comes out clean the cake is done. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.