- Yield: 2 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 35 Minutes
- 200 g chicken breast fillet
- Oil spray
- Lime wedges, to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 cm fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- ½ teaspoon sweet paprika
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 120 g brown rice
- ½ medium green pepper, finely diced
- ½ small red onion, finely diced
- 1 medium cucumber, finely diced
- 60 g frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 small handful baby spinach leaves, shredded
How to Make It
- To make the marinade, whisk the garlic, ginger, lemon juice, honey, chilli, paprika, parsley, salt, pepper and 4 teaspoons of water together in a medium bowl.
- Place the chicken in the bowl and rub with the marinade. Cover with cling film and refrigerate for 1 hour to marinate.
- To make the rice salad, place the rice and 300 ml of water in a small saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Cover and reduce the heat to medium–low. Simmer for 20–25 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender. Remove from the heat and leave to stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place the rice, pepper, onion, cucumber, corn and spinach in a bowl and toss gently to combine.
- To make the dressing, whisk the yoghurt, lime juice and coriander together in a small bowl.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over medium heat and spray lightly with oil spray. Add the chicken and cook for 4–6 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Set aside to cool slightly.
- To serve, place the rice salad on two serving plates and top with the peri peri chicken. Drizzle over the yoghurt dressing and serve with lime wedges on the side.