- 1 (12-inch) store-bought pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced into strips
- 1 small green pepper, sliced into strips
- ⅓ cup button mushrooms, sliced (about 4 to 5 mushrooms)
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1½–2 cups store-bought tomato sauce
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven according to directions on the pizza crust package.
- In a medium skillet set over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the sliced onion and sauté until it becomes translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the green pepper strips and continue to sauté until tender, an additional 4 to 5 minutes. Add the sliced mushrooms and sauté for a minute or two more, or until just slightly tender. Be mindful not to overcook the mushrooms. Sprinkle in the crushed red pepper flakes and stir to incorporate. Remove the vegetable mixture from the heat.
- Place the pizza crust on a large baking sheet. Spoon about half of the tomato sauce in the center of the crust. Using the ladle, spread the sauce in a circular motion to cover the entire pizza, leaving about an inch of the edge of the crust uncovered. Spoon the remaining half of sauce in the center of the pizza and spread it.
- Sprinkle about half of the shredded mozzarella over the pizza, then spoon the vegetable mixture on top of the cheese. Add more cheese on top of the vegetable mixture if you like.
- Bake for 7 to 8 minutes, or follow the directions on the pizza crust package.