- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, cooked in salted water 15 minutes and drained
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound salmon fillet, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1½ pounds fresh asparagus, cut in half crosswise and blanched
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1½ cups chicken stock or broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, divided
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 450˚F.
- Combine rice, lemon juice, parsley, and 1 tablespoon butter in a bowl. Spoon rice mixture into a lightly greased, shallow 2-quart glass baking dish. Place salmon on top of rice. Place asparagus on top of salmon. Cook onion in remaining 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan over medium heat until tender.
- Gradually stir in flour until well blended. Add stock; stir until thickened. Stir in cream, salt, pepper, and 4 tablespoons cheese. Pour cream mixture over asparagus. Sprinkle with remaining 4 tablespoons cheese. Bake 25 minutes or until very hot and browned on top.