There are times when you don’t really want a big meal, but prefer to graze on smaller, easy-toeat items, and these barbecued wings definitely fit the bill. For best results, make your own coleslaw, if you have the time, then you know it is fresh and crunchy.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 12 chicken wings
- 1 recipe quantity Celery Root & Carrot Coleslaw, to serve
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon smoked sea salt or sea salt
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1¼-inch piece ginger root, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- Mix together all the marinade ingredients in a bowl until well blended. Stir in the chicken wings, making sure they are completely coated. Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate 2 to 3 hours, or ideally overnight, in the refrigerator.
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Spread the chicken wings evenly in a large roasting pan, pouring any excess marinade over the chicken. Roast 20 to 30 minutes until the wings are cooked through and the marinade has caramelized so it is nice and sticky. Serve warm on their own or with coleslaw.