These light sponge cakes are made without butter and fitted with fat-free Greek yogurt for a sweet treat that doesn’t look or taste tow calorie.
- Yield: 6 cakes
- Preparation Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- vegetable oil, to grease
- 3 eggs
- ⅓ cup superfine or granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup fat-free Greek-style natural yogurt
- 3½ cups mixed berries, such as raspberries, blueberries, and hulled and sliced strawberries
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Brush six ¾-cup tube pans with a little oil and put them on a baking sheet.
- Put the eggs, superfine sugar, and vanilla extract into a large bowl and beat with an electric handheld mixer for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is thick and leaves a trail when the beaters are lifted.
- Sift the flour over the egg mixture, then gently fold it in with a large metal spoon. Spoon the batter into the pans and ease it into an even layer, being careful not to knock out any air.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the cakes are risen and golden brown and beginning to shrink away from the edges of the pans.
- Let cool for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges of the cakes with a blunt knife and turn them out onto a wire rack. Let cool completely.
- Put the cakes on serving plates, spoon the yogurt into the center, then pile the fruits on top. Sift confectioners’ sugar over the fruit and cakes and serve.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.