When the weather turns colder, this is a wonderful way to fill up and keep warm. You can use butternut squash instead of the sweet potato. You can top with so many things, like chopped scallions and cilantro.
- Yield: 5 Servings
- Total Time: 45 Minutes
- 20 ounces ground lean turkey, ground
- kosher salt, as desired
- ½ cup of chopped yellow onion
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 10-ounce can of tomatoes with chilies, mild
- 8-ounce can of tomato sauce
- ½ tsp of cumin +/- as desired
- ¼ tsp of chili powder
- ¾ cup of water, filtered
- ¼ tsp of paprika, smoked if desired
- 1 bay leaf, dried
- 1 peeled, diced sweet potato, medium size
- To garnish: cilantro, fresh
How to Make It
- Brown turkey in oil in skillet. Break up as it is cooking. Season with cumin and salt.
- When turkey is cooked through and browned, pour it into pressure pot. Add garlic and onion and cook for three minutes.
- Add can of tomatoes, plus bay leaf, salt as desired, paprika, chili powder, cumin, water, tomato sauce and sweet potato.
- Close lid. Select High pressure and cook till potatoes are cooked through and soft. Use a natural steam release. Remove and discard bay leaf. Serve hot.