- Yield: 12 to 16 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 22 Minutes
For the Sugar Cookie Crust
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1¾ to 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups frozen nondairy whipped topping, at room temperature
- Optional fruit toppings: strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, pineapple, mandarin oranges, kiwi, grapes, bananas, peaches, and cherry pie filling
How to Make It
Make the Sugar Cookie Crust
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a circular glass pizza dish or a jelly-roll pan (about 15 × 10 × 1 inch) with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg, vanilla, and sour cream and mix until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture and stir until combined.
- Lightly flour your hands (or use a piece of waxed paper) and transfer the dough to the prepared baking dish. Press the dough evenly into the dish.
- Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Do not let the top brown. Let cool, then freeze for 15 minutes to cool completely, if needed. Make the Cream Cheese Frosting
- In a medium bowl, using a hand mixer, beat together the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla. Mix in the nondairy whipped topping and stir until smooth. Spread the frosting evenly over the cooled sugar cookie crust.
- Top the frosting with your favorite fruits in unique designs. My favorite fruits to add are strawberries, raspberries, mandarin oranges, and kiwi.