- Yield: 8 ice cream sandwiches
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 8 Minutes
- 1 (about 18-ounce) box brownie mix
- 2 large eggs
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- ½ pint vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
For the Chocolate Shell (optional)
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil or coconut oil
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the brownie mix, eggs, and vegetable oil for 2 minutes, or until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips (if using).
- Using a medium cookie scoop (about 2 to 3 tablespoons), scoop the cookie dough portion onto the prepared baking sheet, at least 1 inch apart. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. They should still be soft and a little doughy in the middle. Let cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack.
- Once completely cool, spread 1 tablespoon of the peanut butter onto the flat side of half of the cookies. Then, using an ice cream scoop, add one scoop of ice cream. Top with a second cookie and press down slightly. Place the sandwiches on a baking sheet and freeze for 20 minutes, or until set. Make the Chocolate Shell (optional)
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate and oil. Microwave for 1 to 2 minutes at 50% power. Stir and microwave for 1 minute more, or until melted.
- Dip one side of each chilled ice cream sandwich into the chocolate shell and return to the freezer for 5 minutes, or until set.
- Wrap the ice cream sandwiches individually in parchment paper or aluminum foil and store in the freezer for up to 1 month.