Delicious hot or cold, these versatile fritters make a filling breakfast and are also great for snacking.
- Yield: 18 fritters
- Preparation Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
- 4 medium zucchini squash, about 2 lb (1 kg) in total
- 10 large eggs
- ½ small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, about 6 oz (170 g)
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup marinara sauce, to serve
How to Make It
- Spread a dish towel over a large bowl, and grate the zucchini over the towel. Use the towel to squeeze the liquid from the grated zucchini, getting it as dry as possible.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs until the yolks and whites are well combined. Add the onion, zucchini, mozzarella, salt, and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- In a large non-stick frying pan, heat 1⁄2 tbsp olive oil over high heat. Cook the fritters in batches, using a 1⁄3 -cup measure to scoop the batter into the hot pan. Cook until the bottoms begin to brown, about 2 minutes, then use a spatula to carefully flip the fritters and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat until the batter is gone, using 1⁄2 tbsp olive oil for each batch.
- To assemble the meals, divide the fritters evenly among 6 meal prep containers. Top each meal with 2 tbsp marinara sauce.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.