- Yield: 4 Servingsas part of multicourse meal
- 1 lb (500 g) Brussels sprouts
- 1½ tablespoons high-heat cooking oil
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 fresh chilli of your choice, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1½ teaspoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1½ teaspoons fish sauce (substitute with 1 tablespoon soy sauce)
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- Generous pinch of salt
How to Make It
- Trim the tough stalk end off the Brussels sprouts and thinly slice. You can also use a food processor with a shredder attachment to slice them if you’d like.
- Set a wok or large sauté pan over high heat. When a bead of water sizzles upon contact and evaporates immediately, add the cooking oil and swirl to coat. Add the red onion and chilli slices and fry for 30 seconds. Add the garlic and fry another 30 seconds, taking care not to burn the garlic.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and stir well to mix all the ingredients together. Spread the Brussels sprouts all over the surface of the wok to let it heat up and cook for 1 minute. Add the lime juice, fish sauce, sugar and salt and stir vigorously until all the seasonings are mixed throughout. The Brussels sprouts should be slightly soft at the leafy ends, but still retain a good crunch.
- Taste and adjust with additional fish sauce if it needs a little more saltiness or a pinch more of sugar if the Brussels sprouts are slightly bitter.