- Yield: 8 Servings
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
- 3 pounds whole medium carrots, trimmed (16 carrots)
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup dark rum
- ¼ cup raisins
- ½ teaspoon pepper
How to Make It
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the carrots and toss to coat with the butter. Cook, turning every 10 minutes, until just tender and beginning to brown, about 30 minutes.
- Combine the brown sugar, rum, raisins, and pepper in a bowl; mix well. Pour evenly over the carrots. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Spoon into a bowl and serve hot .