These cinnamon-spiced apple chips are one of my favorite afternoon snacks. They’re crunchy, satisfying, inexpensive, and easy to make. The secret to getting the chips extra crispy is to bake them at a very low temperature for a couple hours. It’s also important to use a sharp knife and cut the apple slices very thin. Thick slices will become mushy, not crunchy. Trust me, you will have no problem getting your daily dose of fruit servings with these addicting apple chips!
- Yield: 5 to 6 cups
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Total Time: 3 Hours 15 Minutes
- 3 apples, any sweet variety
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- Preheat the oven to 200°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Wash and thinly slice the apples, about 1–2 mm thick. Spread the apple slices over the baking sheets in a single layer. Mix the cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl. Sprinkle this over the apple slices.
- Bake for 1 hour, flip the apples over, and bake for 1 more hour. If the apples don’t feel crispy, bake for 15 more minutes. Turn the oven off but leave the apples inside as the oven cools down for at least 1 hour this also helps the slices get crunchy. Tightly cover the chips and store at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.