- Yield: 8 Servings
- Total Time: 30 Minutes
- 1¾ LBS Fontina Val d’Aosta cheese, rind removed and diced in 1” cubes
- ¼ Cup olive oil
- 8 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme, minced
- 1 Tsp fresh rosemary, minced
- 1¼ Tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tsp black pepper
- 1 baguette (or other crusty bread, or firm crackers)
How to Make It
- Preheat broiler and arrange oven rack about 6” from heat source.
- Slice baguette on an angle in ½” pieces. Set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet or ceramic baking dish, arrange cheese in a single layer and drizzle with olive oil. Distribute garlic slices evenly across cheese. Sprinkle thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper over cheese and place the pan or dish under broiler for about 6 minutes or until cheese is melted, bubbling, and starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and serve hot alongside baguette slices or crackers. If using a vessel other than a cast iron skillet, cheese may cool and become solid again. If this happens, broil again until melted.