The quintessential comfort food of my childhood made healthy and vegan.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 6 oz uncooked whole-wheat or brown rice ziti
- 2½ cup tomato and basil marinara sauce
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 recipe TVP Beef
- 1 recipe Pizza Cheese
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease 8-inch casserole dish and set aside.
- Cook pasta al dente according to package directions.
- Drain and immediately toss with marinara.
- Add salt and pepper, then mix in TVP.
- Transfer to prepared casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- Pour cheese sauce (from Pizza Cheese recipe) over top and bake for another 10 minutes.