I love baking up a fresh loaf of banana bread just as much as anyone else, but there are times where I just can’t wait the hour or more that it takes to enjoy a slice. That’s when this healthy minute muffin is perfect! You get the delicious taste of banana bread in about 5 minutes from start to finish. And like banana bread, it tastes even better on the second day … if you can let it sit for that long.
- Yield: 1 muffin
- 4 tbsp (27 g) oat flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- ½ medium-sized ripe banana, mashed (about ¼ cup [57 g])
- 2 tbsp (15–30 ml) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tbsp (13 g) coconut palm sugar
- 1 tbsp (7 g) chopped walnuts (optional)
- Combine the oat flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a small microwave-safe mug or bowl.
- Add the mashed banana, applesauce and sugar, mixing until all the ingredients are well combined. Fold in the walnut pieces, if using, saving a few to sprinkle on top.
- Microwave your muffin on high for 2 minutes and allow it to cool slightly before enjoying.