- 100 g sour cherry purée
- 10 g kirsch
- 1 g agar agar
- 20 g icing sugar
- 168 egg whites
- 72 g caster sugar
- 96 g egg yolks
- 74 g T55 soft flour
- 30 g cocoa powder
- 2 g salt
- 48 softened butter
- 114 g Zephr
- 34% white chocolate
- 40 g caster sugar
- 20 g whole eggs
- 20 g egg yolks
- 10 g water
- 4 g gelatine
- 90 g sour cherry purée
- 110 g whipping cream
How to Make It
- Bring the cherry purée and the kirsch to the boil, mix the agar agar and the icing sugar together, gradually pour into the boiling liquid and whisk well.
- Bring back to the boil, once boiling pour onto a silicone mat to set.
- Once set place in a Thermomix and blend to a smooth paste. Bag ready for use. Chocolate Sponge
- Make a French meringue with the egg whites and sugar in a mixing machine, adding the sugar in 2 stages until a stiff peak meringue is formed.
- Sieve the cocoa powder and flour together with the salt.
- Add the egg yolks to the meringue, add the softened butter and whisk until smooth.
- Finally, with the machine on a low speed, gradually add the cocoa powder and flour, whisking until smooth. Spread onto a silicone mat and bake at 175°C for 9 minutes.
- Cut into cubes and roll in cocoa powder. Chocolate Cherry Mousse
- Melt the chocolate to 40°C.
- Make a pâte à bombe with the whole eggs, yolks, sugar and water.
- Boil the cherry purée, add the bloomed gelatine and stir well.
- Whip the cream to ribbon stage. Fold the purée into the pâte à bombe, then fold through the chocolate and finally the whipped cream.
- Pipe into quenelle moulds to freeze. Chocolate Soil
- Melt the chocolate to 40°C.
- Cook the sugar and water to 121°C.
- Pour into the melted chocolate and whisk rapidly on heat until the sugar crystallises and small chocolate rocks are formed.
- Pour onto a silicone mat to cool. Kirsch Panna Cotta
- Bring the milk, cream, kirsch and vanilla pod seeds to the boil.
- Add the bloomed gelatine and stir well.
- Pass through a muslin cloth and leave the mixture to set on an ice bath so that the vanilla is immersed.
- Once set pour into quenelle moulds to set. Poached Cherries
- Cut the cherries in half. Bring the purée, syrup, kirsch and vanilla to the boil.
- Pour over the fresh cherry halves and leave to marinade. Whipped Chocolate Ganache
- Make a direct caramel with the sugar. Once a clear golden brown add the glucose and stir well.
- Deglaze with the 250 g of whipping cream and bring back to the boil. Melt the chocolate to 40°C and pour the caramel cream gradually in 3 stages into the chocolate.
- Once smooth and glossy add the remaining 375 g whipping cream and stir well with a spatula.
- Pour into an airtight container and leave refrigerated for 12 hours.
- The next day place in a mixing machine and whisk to form a soft, whipped chocolate ganache.
- Pipe into lollipop moulds and freeze. Lollipop Dipping Mix
- Melt both chocolates to 40°C, mix together and pass through a fine chinois.
- De-mould the ganache lollipops and immerse in the mix.