- Yield: 6 Servings
- 1¾ cups fresh blackberries
- ½ cup plus 2½ tablespoons superfine sugar
- 2½ teaspoons gelatin (1 package)
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Fresh mint, for garnish
How to Make It
- In a small bowl, toss the blackberries with ½ tablespoon of the superfine sugar. Let sit while you prepare the cream.
- In a glass measuring cup, sprinkle the gelatin over ¼ cup cold water. Let sit 5 minutes to dissolve. Put the cup in a pan of very hot water and stir to dissolve the gelatin.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the cream and remaining ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons superfine sugar over medium heat, just until steaming, then stir to dissolve the sugar. Stir in the vanilla and dissolved gelatin. Let cool 15 minutes.
- Divide the blackberries in the bottom of 6 glasses, reserving ¼ cup for garnish. Pour the cream mixture over, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until set, about 3 hours or overnight. Serve in the glasses, or dip glasses in hot water for about 10 seconds, then invert onto plates. Garnish with the remaining blackberries and mint sprigs.