These moist, fluffy, and delicious bars taste like dessert! Because they are high in protein, have lots of healthy fat from the almond butter, and contain only low-glycemic sugars, they won’t cause blood sugar swings or ramp up cravings like most traditional sweets or packaged snacks would.
- Yield: 24 bars
- 2 cups (520 g) almond butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup (192 g) coconut palm sugar
- 4 teaspoons (20 ml) vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (175 g) dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C, or gas mark 3). Grease a 9 x 13 inch (23 x 33 cm) baking dish or pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the almond butter, eggs, coconut palm sugar, vanilla, salt, and baking soda. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spread the batter into the prepared dish and bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before cutting into bars.
- To make these nut-free, you can use sunflower seed butter, but be aware that as the bars cool, the insides will turn green due to a chemical reaction with the baking soda. They are still totally fine and good to eat. Might be a great snack for St. Patrick’s Day!
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.