These cupcakes are so irresistible. It’s like having ready made blueberry pancakes made with delicious maple syrup, whenever you need it!
- Yield: 12 cupcakes
- Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup of butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1¼ cups milk
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ stick of unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups of powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- ¼ stick of butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons of maple syrup
How to Make It
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line muffin pans with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, sift together dry ingredients.
- In another bowl, whisk together your wet ingredients.
- Fold the dry ingredients into your wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Once well combined fold in blueberries.
- Spoon your batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake the cupcakes for 20 - 25 minutes until a wooden toothpick put into the center comes out clean.
- Let the cupcakes cool in the muffin tin for a couple of minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For the frosting, beat the sugar and butter together until smooth and whisk in remaining ingredients. Let sit in refrigerator until ready to be used.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.