When you give the broccoli time to brown before you prepare the salmon, it coaxes out the natural sweetness. This is an easy to make and tasty dish for any lunch or dinner.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 50 Minutes
- 1 floret-sliced bunch of broccoli
- 4 tbsp of olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 4 x 6-oz skinless salmon fillets
- 1 ring-sliced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tbsp of vinegar, rice, unseasoned
- 2 tbsp of drained capers
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Toss 2 tbsp of oil and broccoli on rimmed cookie sheet. Season with kosher salt and ground pepper.
- Roast the broccoli and toss it occasionally, till tender but crisp. This usually takes about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Rub the salmon with 1 tbsp. of oil. Season as desired.
- Push the broccoli out to edge of baking sheet. Put salmon in middle. Roast till the salmon is opaque all over and the broccoli becomes tender. This will typically take 10 to 15 minutes.
- Combine vinegar, jalapeno and 1 pinch salt in a small sized bowl. Allow it to sit till the jalapeno has softened slightly. Mix in the capers and the last 1 tbsp. of oil. Season as desired. 7. Drizzle vinaigrette over broccoli and salmon. Serve.