This is a super-simple, interesting way of serving this veg, and am I glad to discover a way to jazz up my broccoli! One of my daughters in particular is veg-resistant, and this little twist makes all the difference.
- Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
For the Broccoli
- 14 oz (400 g) Tenderstem broccoli
- 7 oz (200 g) feta cheese
For the Dressing
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ finely grated unwaxed lemon juice and zest
- 8 mint leaves, finely chopped, or 1 tsp dried mint
- za’atar, to serve (optional)
How to Make It
- Season the broccoli with salt and place it in a steamer basket. Steam over a medium-high heat for 4–6 minutes, depending on the size of the spears and how tender you like them, or until the point of a sharp knife can pierce a thick stalk with no resistance.
- Meanwhile, mix together all the dressing ingredients.
- Transfer the broccoli to a serving dish. Crumble the feta cheese on top, drizzle with the dressing, toss, and serve, sprinkled with za’atar (if using).