- Yield: 4 Servings
- 4 ounces Black Pig bacon, or other quality bacon, cut into lardons
- 4 cups Brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1 shallot, minced
- ¼ cup sherry vinegar
- 1 head frisée, cleaned
- 1 Gravenstein apple, diced
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped Marcona almonds
- 1 tablespoon quality extra-virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
How to Make It
- In a large sauté pan on medium-high heat, render the bacon until slightly browned, a few minutes. Add the Brussels sprouts and cook until browned on at least one side, about 3 minutes.
- Add the shallots and open up their fragrance, about 1 minute. Add the vinegar, remove from heat, and toss. Return the pan to the heat until the Brussels sprouts are just tender, about 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add the frisée, apples, almonds, and extra-virgin olive oil and toss. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Plate or eat right out of the pan!