Assemble the ingredients in the slow cooker and set an electric timer to start the cooker while you’re away. Add the chilled shrimp and let it heat while you set the table and toss a salad.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 Hours
- 1 (28-ounce) can tomatoes, cut up, undrained
- 1 (14-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green sweet pepper
- 1 (6 to 6¼ ounce) package long-grain and wild rice mix
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1 pound cooked, peeled, and deveined shrimp
- Bottled hot pepper sauce (optional)
How to Make It
- In a 3½ or 4 quart slow cooker combine undrained tomatoes, broth, onion, sweet pepper, rice mix with seasoning packet, water, garlic, and Cajun seasoning.
- Cove; cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3½ hours.
- If using low-heat setting, turn slow cooker to high-heat setting. Stir shrimp into rice mixture. Cover; cook for 15 minutes more. If desired, pass hot pepper sauce.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.