This is a super simple recipe to toss together when you need a filling but quick meal. The lemon helps to brighten up the dish while the radishes and cucumber intrroduce a pleasant crunch. The lemon and olive oil add brightness to the dish without overwhelming it. This recipe works equally well with turkey breast.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Cooking Time: 2 Hours
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 slices of lemon
- 1 cup cooked millet
- 1 cup cooked red quinoa
- 4 radishes, sliced
- 1 cucumber, diced
- Arugula or other greens
- 2 avocados, peeled and flesh sliced
- Olive oil
- ¼ cup pomegranate seeds
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 8 lemon wedges
For the Sous Vide Chicken
- Preheat the water bath to 141°F (60.5°C).
- Salt and pepper the chicken and place in the sous vide bag. Place 2 slices of lemon on each then seal the bag. Cook the chicken for 2 to 4 hours, until pasteurized. To Assemble
- Remove the cooked chicken from the sous vide bag and dry thoroughly using paper towels or a dish cloth. Lightly salt the chicken then quickly sear it for 1 to 2 minutes per side, until just browned. Remove from the heat and cut the chicken into strips.
- Place the grains into a bowl and top with the radishes, cucumber, and arugula. Add the chicken then fan the avocado out on top of it. Drizzle with some olive oil then sprinkle with the pomegranate seeds and basil. Add 2 lemon wedges to the side, then serve.