This elegant French dinner is an impressive dish to serve up when you’re looking to make something fancy-schmancy. I whipped it up once for some business associates, and they were raving about it all night long! The stuffing on top gives it a cozy nostalgia, like a holiday meal, spreading warm feelings all around.
- Yield: 6 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- 1 (10.75-ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 ounces sliced ham
- 4 ounces sliced Jarlsberg cheese
- 6 ounces herbed stuffing mix
- 4 tablespoons (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Lightly spray the insert of a 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream of chicken soup, half-and-half, and mustard. Pour half the mixture over the bottom of the slow cooker
- Layer the chicken over the chicken soup mixture.
- Layer the ham and then the cheese over the chicken.
- Pour the remaining soup mixture evenly over the top, then sprinkle the herb stuffing evenly over the soup mixture.
- Drizzle the melted butter and then the broth on top.
- Cook on Low for 4 to 6 hours or on High for 2 to 3 hours. Serve.