- 2 tablespoons bacon grease
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1 quart (1 L) chicken stock (or broth)
- 4 cups (400 g) celery, chopped
- 4 cups (300 g) carrots, chopped
- ½ cup (12 g) Italian parsley, chopped
- 3-4 pounds (1½ kg) chicken meat, cooked and shredded
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
How to Make It
- Heat a large pot over medium heat, and add in bacon grease. When hot, stir in garlic and onions and sauté.
- When onions are slightly translucent, add stock (broth), celery, carrots, parsley, and chicken.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and give one good stir.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer for 1 hour stirring occasionally.