- Yield: 12 to 16 mini tacos
For the Blueberry Salsa
- 1 cup (150 g) blueberries
- ¼ cup (35 g) onion, diced
- 2 tbsp (5 g) cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) lime juice
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
For the Avocado Cream
- ½ cup (120 g) mashed avocado
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp (60 ml + 30 ml) coconut milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) fresh lime juice
- Pinch of salt
- Handful of chopped fresh cilantro leaves to garnish
For the Chicken "Tacos"
- 1 jicama
- 2 cups (200 g) leftover chicken, shredded
How to Make It
- In a bowl, mix together all the blueberry salsa ingredients. Press down on the blueberries lightly with the back of a spoon to release some of their juices. Stir to combine and set aside for now.
- In a mini food processor or similar, add all the avocado cream ingredients. Process until smooth and creamy. Add a splash or two of water if it is too thick. Set aside while you make the “tacos.”
- Peel the jicama and slice off the top and bottom. Use a mandoline set at approximately ⅛ inch (3 mm) and slice the jicama into 12–16 slices. The slices need to be thin enough to act as foldable “tacos,” but not so thin that they crack easily. Divide the jicama slices between plates and use them as a base for your “tacos.” Top the tacos with the shredded chicken, followed by the blueberry salsa and a scoop of avocado cream. You can pick these bad boys up and chow down on them just like the real thing!