There’s no need to measure lots of herbs or spices for this soup. They’re already in the chicken broth and Mexican-style tomatoes.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 Hours
- 2 (14-ounce) cans chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 1 (14½-ounce) can Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 10 ounces)
- 2 cups frozen (yellow, green, and red) peppers and onion stir-fry vegetables
- 1 cup tortilla chips
- Sliced fresh jalapeno chile peppers (optional)
How to Make It
- In a 3½ or 4 quart slow cooker, combine broth, undrained tomatoes, chicken, and frozen vegetables.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 6 to 7 hours or on high-heat setting for 3 to 3½ hours.
- To serve, ladle soup into warm soup bowls and top with tortilla chips. If desired, top with chile peppers.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.