- Yield: 4 to 6 Servingsas part of multicourse meal
- 2½ cups (625 ml) cool water
- 2 cups (420 g) uncooked rice (I prefer jasmine, a fragrant long-grain rice),washed and drained well
- 4 Chinese sausages
- 1/4 cup (65 ml) Sweet Soy Sauce plus more for the table
How to Make It
- Fill the pot with the cool water and the washed rice. Snuggle the sausages in the rice grains. Turn the heat to high. When the water near the edge of the pot starts bubbling, cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Turn off heat and keep covered! Let it sit with the lid on for 5 minutes to finish the steaming process. Remove the sausages (careful, they are hot!) and slice then on the diagonal into 1/4-inch (6-mm)-thick pieces. Arrange the sausages on top of the rice and drizzle the Sweet Soy Sauce on top. Have the extra Sweet Soy Sauce at the table for drizzling.