- Yield: 4 Servings
- 75 g (2½ oz) butter, softened • 100 g (3½ oz/½ cup) soft brown sugar
- 40 g (1½ oz/1⅓) cocoa powder • 150 g (5 oz/1¼ cups) self-raising flour
- 100 ml (3½ fl oz) whole milk • 1 egg • 4 tablespoons Chocolate Spread
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F/Gas 4). Mix all the ingredients, except the chocolate spread, in the cup of your blender to form a smooth, runny cake batter.
- Butter and flour four individual dariole or pudding moulds, and line the bottoms with a circle of baking paper. Put a tablespoon of pudding mixture into the base of each mould, carefully add a dollop of chocolate spread in the centre of the pudding mix and then fill the rest of the mould with pudding batter, stopping 1 cm (½ in) below the rim.
- Place into the hot oven for around 15 minutes, until the cake batter on top has set (the puddings will still have some wobble thanks to the centres). Once cooked, carefully slide a knife around the edge of the puddings and turn out onto individual plates, remembering to remove the paper discs. Eat while still hot so the chocolate spread centre can ooze out onto your plate.