- 12 Tablespoons (180 ml) Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1½ cup (360 ml) White Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- 5 Tablespoon (75 ml) Strong Coffee or Espresso
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) Pure Peppermint Extract
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5 ml) Baking Powder
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 2 cups (480 ml) All-Purpose Flour
- 2 cups (480 ml) White Chocolate Chips
How to Make It
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and then combine the sugar. It may be necessary to stop mixing and scrape the bottom of bowl so that butter and sugar are mixed uniformly.
- Beat in eggs, coffee, and extract. Followed by mixing in baking powder and cocoa powder.
- While mixing, add one cup of flour at a time. Avoid over-mixing the flour; if necessary, stop mixing between making measurements and adding flour.
- Add the chocolate chips as the last of the flour becomes completely blended. Baking
- Heat oven to 325° F/165° C/Gas Mark 3.
- Using cooking spray or lining with parchment paper, prepare a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Transfer the dough from mixing the bowl to the center of your pan and spread evenly.
- Place pan in the middle of the oven and bake for 45 minutes.
- When a knife blade or toothpick comes out clean, remove pan from oven and set on a cooling rack.
- Once completely cooled, cut into 32 even pieces. This may be done in the pan. Alternatively, the entire non-cut baked good can be removed from the pan and cut on a cutting board. Store in a tightly sealed container.