Fret not! There is not a single press-on fingernail to be found in this quiche. It’s just a bit of sautéed ham and Swiss cheese in a buttery, flaky pie crust that’s sure to impress the most critical of moms. Then again, just in case something does go wrong, best to have a back up lasagna in the freezer.
- Yield: 8 Servings
- Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
- 1 (9-inch) deep-dish frozen pie crust
- 4 ounces ham steak, diced into ½-inch cubes (about ½ cup)
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, finely chopped (optional)
- ½ cup shredded Swiss cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Parbake the frozen pie crust according to package directions.
- In a skillet set over medium heat, sauté the diced ham just until the edges begin to lightly brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt and pepper, and the fresh oregano (if using) just to combine.
- Spoon the sautéed ham onto the bottom of the parbaked pie crust, and sprinkle the shredded Swiss cheese on top. Pour in the egg mixture.
- Bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until the center of the quiche is no longer jiggly and the top has browned.
- Allow to cool for 20 to 30 minutes before slicing and serving.