- base of your choice
- 450 g (1 lb) full-fat cream cheese
- 100 g (3½ oz) sour cream
- 150 g (5 oz/⅔ cup) caster (superfine) sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 2 eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
How to Make It
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F/Gas 2).
- Put everything except the egg yolks in the cup of your blender and blitz. Add the yolks and blitz again. Give the whole mixture a good shake to make sure it's smooth and pour out onto your base of choice.
- Bake for 45 minutes – it should have risen a little and be slightly browned on top with a slight wobble in the centre. Leave to cool in the switched-off oven for 1 hour before allowing to cool completely at room temperature and putting in the fridge to settle.