Veal Parmesan has made its way from Italy to North America, where it can be found in every Italian restaurant as well as many others. This savory dish may seem intimidating, but it’s easy to put together. Veal Parmesan has many forms today but I prefer the traditional method of preparation.
- Yield: 4 Servings
- Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 40 Minutes
- 8 veal leg scaloppine, tenderized
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups marinara sauce
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1-½ cups gluten-free breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- ¼ cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- salt and pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- On a flat plate, mix breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese together; set aside.
- Season both sides of each veal scaloppine with salt and pepper. Dip the meat in the egg and dredge in the breadcrumb mixture. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat. Fry each veal scaloppini for about two minutes on each side.
- Coat the bottom of a large baking dish with two cups marinara sauce. Add veal scaloppine; layer with the remaining sauce and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover, bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a crust begins to form on the scaloppine.
- Plate and serve with your favorite side of pasta.