- Yield: 7 Servings
- 2.2 kg cornfed chicken (750 g without the bones)
- Salt and pimientos
- D’espelette, to taste
- 100 g pork meat
- 100 g pork fat
- 10 g mousse of volaille
- 200 g foie gras confit
- 150 g foie gras
- 250 ml of chicken stock
- 40 g morels
- 50 g truffle
- 100 ml Armagnac
- 200 ml truffle jus
- 8 g salt
- 3 g black pepper
- 5 g pimientos d’espelette
Mousse of Volaille and Foie Gras Au Torchon Nature
- 1 kg chicken breast
- 100 g cream (elle & vire)
- This makes 1.2 kg, use 10 g for the farce.
- 1 kg foie gras
- 12 g table salt
- 6 g white pepper
How to Make It
- Singe the chicken, remove the bones starting from the back and cut in half, season with salt and pimientos d’espelette.
- Stuff with the farce, add the tube of foie gras in the middle and close very carefully.
- Sew with string and wrap in film, cook at 82°C and steam until it reaches 62°C in the centre.
- Cool down and reserve in the fridge. Farce
- Dice the pork meat, fat and the foie gras, put all the ingredients through the mincer except the chicken stock, Armagnac, truffle and seasoning.
- Make four medium size cylinders from the foie gras tube.
- Add all the trimmings, put through the mincer and add the dry morels and mix altogether to make a farce. Mousse of Volaille
- Clean your chicken breast of skin bones and fat and dice, blend and add the cream and salt so that creates a mousse.
- foie gras torchon nature.
- Marinate the raw foie gras with all the spices and confit them in duck fat at 80°C until it has reached 42°C inside. Leave to cool. Greek Marinade
- Simmer all ingredients for an hour and leave to infuse, pass through a sieve and reserve in the fridge. Greek-Style Vegetables
- Poach the vegetables in boiling water and marinate them in the Greek syrup in Kilner jars, 175 g of marinade per jar. Gelatin
- Heat the marinade, whisk in agar agar and cook at 100°C add the gelatin until dissolved. To Serve
- Mix all the ingredients together then pour 45 g of the gelatin mix per plate.
- While this is setting add the vegetables around the outside leaving a space in the middle.
- Slice the dodine and add 80 g on top of the gelatin. To decorate add drops of 8 year old balsamic.