- Yield: 4 Servings
- Total Time: 25 Minutes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 butternut squash (about 1½ pounds), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Plain yogurt and lime zest, for serving
How to Make It
- Cook the onion in the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add the squash, parsnips, broth, and 1 cup water; season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Simmer until the squash is tender, 12 to 15 minutes. Puree in a blender, working in batches. Stir in lime juice. Serve topped with yogurt, lime zest, and additional pepper.