Oats are the magical ingredient in this soup. They give the soup a texture it wouldn’t other wise have and also impart a lot of creamy flavor without using actual cream. This soup also whips up in an instant!
- Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 lb carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- ¼ cup instant oats
- ½ cup non-dairy milk
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ¼ tsp allspice
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
How to Make It
- In a medium saucepan, combine 2 cups of water, carrots, onion, and oats over high heat.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Continue to cook, stirring frequently until oats are cooked and carrots are fork-tender, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender, in batches if necessary, and combine with non-dairy milk. Blend until smooth and creamy, adding an extra splash of non-dairy milk if needed.
- Transfer back to saucepan and stir in ginger and allspice.
- Gently reheat and add salt and pepper.
- Optional: Garnish with chopped scallions and fresh pepper.
Serving Size 1
Nutritional Value Per Serving
Calories from Fat:
% Daily Value*
* Above mentioned %DVs (Percent Daily Values) are based on 2,000 calorie food intake.
DVs (Daily values) may be vary depending upon individuals daily calorie needs. Above nutritional values are estimates and should only be used as a guide for approximation. They are not allfoodchef.com recommendations. Calculations are based on average weight of 194 lbs. and ages of 19 to 50 years.